Friday, June 7, 2013

It's funny how this sales people play mind tricks on you. I once got hold up at wawasan, where a dude in his 20s tried to sell me a head massage device, I decline politely and tried to walk away, but then suddenly he forcefully slip the device onto my head, stunned, but tried to maintain my composure, I removed it slowly and hand it out to him, as his response, he pulled his hand away and start backing away towards a corner asking me to come forward and sign some papers which imply a a RM 5 charge. Politely I decline once more and kept stand at my position with my hand holding out the device, but he pleaded even more fervently by using the "cari makan" or commonly known as sympathy technique, I again decline but putting a more serious tone to it, surprisingly he kept his fake smile and gestured me to come forward. At this point I knew that politeness won't shake this person off, so impulsively I took the device and feigned to throw it away, implying that if he don't take it away from me I will throw it for real, but to my surprise he replied to me in a tone that gets to your nerve "kalau rosak encik bayar ya", I laugh deep inside, wrong move Othniel, he is a cunning sales person I'd give him that, and his mind games has gotten exactly where he wants it to be, it's probably to the point where ego get most of you and you start reacting by doing stupid things, but I knew that I wouldn't want to start trouble with this dude, he seems to be a person whose feelings are not to messed with (low EQ), so I get to his colleague who was standing nearby, as I approached him, he act as if I'm not there when I handed him out the device, alright then I say to myself, how about if I do it to you, then I quickly slip on his head since and before he could even move away from me to reject it, it was already on him, quickly I let it go and walk away and just in time to give a smile back.

I'm writing this because I saw their group again today but this time I avoided them :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment