Thursday, March 14, 2013

Alright, as of lately, I've been comparing tablets from Asus, Samsung, Apple and even china made ones but my choice keep on swaying from cheaper price to fast performance, as matter of fact what was I looking for was probably a tablet that suit my reading needs.

Side story: I bought more than 13 books which accumulated to RM 1.5k... imagine what I can do with that amount

So a budget below RM 1000 would suffice, high end device that make me shit rainbow isn't included, because all I was looking for was merely an ebook device. (Kindle Fire sucks, it's a stripped down android and if you don't get a premium version, you see ads when reading... oh and it's hardware is old, yet it's overpriced)

Listed are the worthy contenders:

1. Nexus 7
2. Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
3. Asus Memo 7 and 10
4. Ipad mini
5. Ainol Novo 7 Venus

All the price is at a range of RM 500 to RM 1000. Notable difference were storage, 3g and screen size,-other than the OS itself (iOS...) and batery life, yada yada yada...

So my first choice was to go with  the Nexus 7, given the affordable price that pack a punch to apple's face and it's buttery smooth jelly beanny, seems a good choice at first... Then it was Asus Memo 10 and then the Ainol, which at this point is useless to choose because each has it's pros and cons, so I got back to my objective, something readable. Further research had lead me to one surprising comparison, which is PPI (Pixels per inch (PPI) or pixel density ).

It means how many pixels is packed in a inch... duh

1. Nexus = 216ppi
2. Ipad 3 = 264ppi
3. Asus Memo = 149ppi
4. ipad Mini = 163ppi
5. Samsung Galaxy = 196
6. Ainol = 169ppi
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_displays_by_pixel_density

And after researching further on the Nexus PPI, I'm convinced.

Thanks to Low for introduce new choice that sway me continually, it make me learn :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment