Saturday, April 23, 2011

Introduction
Chrome extensions is like Add-Ons in Firefox, it extends the usage of the browser and the functionality. So recently I migrated to Chrome from Firefox and make it as my default browser because Firefox is still experiencing lag/crash issues whether it is the 3.6 or the latest Firefox 4 version.


My main reason why I did not migrate to Chrome before was because there wasn't an extension that supports IDM (Internet Download Manager) which so happen to be my favorite download manager but as for now, extensions are a rage in Chrome and luckily an extensions is available for my download manager!!!
The Extension site, still available at: Link and updated

Google old themes gallery, some themes are outdated if not so just a number of themes not much: Link


Well of course aside from the download manager support, I like Chrome now because it's simplicity, such as the options, bookmark manager, themes, customization and extensions support. And as known for this year, it has a new web store where custom web apps, themes and even extensions are available unlike previously just a few is available through Google Extensions and Themes pages. Visit it here, it has web apps, extensions and themes, it's worth checking out.
The Latest Web Store.


The Extensions I Used:
1. Adblock Plus for Google Chrome™ (Beta) - Version: 1.1.2
To block ads, read more about it at the link, this extensions is also available in Firefox too.


2. Download Assistant (by Google) - Version: 4.0.4
The very reason why I migrated to chrome, Internet Download Manager support :)


3. Facebook Notifications for New Facebook - Version: 1.0
Get Facebook notification through browser icon on the toolbar.


4. Google Share Button - Version: 1.1.0.8
Sharing interesting links let it be video, picture or sites easily without copy and paste and post through Facebook.


5. Megakey - Version: 0.6.0.0
This extensions is not available in web store, but anyhow erm I won't explain it :)


Currently Used Themes
Morpheon Dark: Link


Screenshot:

Conclusion
Well I hope I'm able to teach or give an insight to Chrome a little bit, there's indeed a lot more than I could say about this browser but this will suffice. Glad if you have been reading until here so far, tata :)
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment